In the past 10 years, river cruising has come a long way. Within the last few years, it developed to a point where we truly believe that there is no better way to see
. Some people call ships floating hotels. We believe they are much more than that. Cabins on modern ships can compete with nice hotel rooms. All meals are included, and today these meals are perfectly designed for the "gourmet" traveler from
. There is no lost time packing and unpacking, checking in and out of hotels, loading and unloading busses. On the ship, every minute of your European vacation is either relaxing or exciting. No hassle or stress; no autobahn traffic jams; no sitting in rush hour traffic; no smoky restaurants; no 5.00am packing to be somewhere on time; no 6-hour bus rides from one city to the next followed by a 4-hour bus city tour. Instead, you can enjoy the most scenic views from your dining table; sun tanning in a lounge chair while cruising from town to town; walk 100 yards from your cabin into downtown; if you don't feel like getting up then simply stay in bed and watch the castles passing by your panorama window. There is no other vacation that can compare to this experience.
A river cruise adds a good number of features on top of an ocean cruise experience: No sea-sickness; every day only a stone-throw away from historic city centers; plenty of time to explore on land; discovering fascinating European back road towns which Americans would never experience from the road; a manageable number of people on board - 140 versus 1,000-2,000 on an ocean cruise. Seasoned travelers are well aware of the comfort and convenience of a river cruise, and river cruising truly ranks very high on the total value.
In March of 2003, Ama Waterways was proud to offer the Amadeus Symphony. In 2006, we introduced the first ship under our full ownership, the elegant
MS Amadagio. The brand-new MS Amalegro, sister ship of the MS Amadagio, was christened on April 3, 2007 in Vienna and our next two new ships, the luxurious MS Amacello and the MS Amadante will start cruising in March and June 2008. In 2009, two more sister ships will join our AMA fleet!
Our new ships in
are setting new standards in European river cruising and offer a number of features which no other European river cruise ship can match.
All 71 staterooms and 4 Jr. Suites have river views and 82% of these feature large French balconies, today a very important feature for many passengers.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS INCLUDED IN YOUR AMA WATERWAYS PROGRAM ARE:
· Deluxe cruise accommodation in a 170 sq.ft. outside cabin with hotel-style beds that can be set up as 2 twin beds or one large double bed
· 4 Junior Suites with 255 sq. ft., bathtub and shower on the upper deck available for your most sophisticated guests
· Superb dining with all meals included in the elegant Restaurant, which accommodates all guests in one seating without fixed seating arrangements
· Quality wines from Europe 's most famous wine regions as well as beer and sodas included with every dinner
· Cocktail Reception and Welcome Dinner
· Captain's Farewell Reception and Farewell Gala Dinner
· Daily included sightseeing programs as specified in the itineraries
· Special highlights including folklore performances, lectures, theme dinners and local activities
· Services of our professional Cruise Director throughout your cruise
· Nightly piano music onboard
· On board amenities including a Wellness Center with Fitness equipment, Whirlpool, Massages, Beauty and Hair salon, Souvenir shop and Sky Bar
· Bicycles onboard are rented free of charge
· Elevator onboard is operating between 4 different levels: Restaurant (Level 1), Cello Deck Staterooms (Level 2) Lobby and Panorama Lounge (Level 3) and Violin Deck Staterooms (Level 4)
· Infotainment system with Internet access in every cabin, flat-screen TV, DVD selection, white-on-white plush bedding with down duvets, fluffy bathrobes, slippers and more
· Complimentary bottled water is provided in each cabin
· All English language on board in a non-smoking environment (smoking only on the Sun Deck)
· All local taxes
In addition to our river cruise programs on the Rhine, Main, Danube and Moselle River , we also offer a 12-night Russian Waterways program onboard the MS Tolstoy.
In this year 2008, we are excited to ad a new cruise program in Southern France a beautiful 7 night cruise from Lyon to Arles combined with a 3 night pre- and a 3 night post-program in Paris and Barcelona and a very scenic cruise through the wine region of Portugal along the Douro River combined with an excursion to Salamanca in Spain and a 3 night land-program in Lisbon!
All requests for cruises are forwarded to the 1Cruise.com Inc. agent nearest you. Our system of doing business allows us to give you great prices and excellent service at the same time. We would like to be your local travel agents.